This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to become a web developer?
04-28-2014, 12:24 AM
How to become a web developer?
Hello, I am a High School student who wants to be an aspiring Web Developer, Web Designer, and eventually the owner of my own company.

I am fairly new to the game, knowing only HTML and CSS, but I want to learn (primarily) JavaScript. Particularly, Node.js and the Sails.js framework. I would also like to learn Design theory for Web Design and some Business fundamentals. Is there any method or advice you can give on how to go about starting this venture? Any resources, etc.?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:33 AM

just look for
php
python or
ruby on rails

these are languages you can write web bases applications with.
the most of them do have a really good documentation.

but before you start to learn javascript you should be able to write some basic codes of one of these languages.
javascript is fun for designs and usability, but this is only a little part of developing a website.

you need to know
how to plan a website
how to create a good database
how to create the logic
how to test the website
how to modify it withot adding code
and the last step is the design.

for example: github was written in ruby, twitter also, but now they changed it, because ruby is good for little applications, but not for something like twitter.
facebook is written in php.
i heard that google is written in python (but i dont know if thats true)

Ads

04-28-2014, 12:37 AM

Many people these days are becoming successful through programming. The main thing your going to have too learn in college is how to market yourself to companies. Once you have done that you need to come up with ideas that will make you profit and will be useful to people. And keep up with the newest technology because that is what effects most developers and gain experience and learn to organize yourself. Make a business plan that will attract people and keep them coming back. Good luck