This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I just recieved a letter from the National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists?
04-28-2014, 12:30 AM
I just recieved a letter from the National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists?
EEEK! I'm so excited! I've worked very hard for this. I have a 4.0 GPA, homeschooled but taking honors! I'm in the 9th grade and I've been searching for colleges since 6th grade.
I want to go DC this year for it: it's only $1600 and I can raise it!
It is legitament, and I am just dying to go. Some kids from my area are going too!
So: any opinions/comments?
It's $985 if a parent attends, but $1585 for the concierge package so they can make sure you are safe. It's the expierance of a lifetime.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:35 AM

Opinion: The free ride is over.
Comment: Good for you and good luck mingling with the other top-shelf scholars. Rush a good sorority. Go have some fun so you can appreciate all the work ahead. I don't know about that price though. Maybe there's supposed to be another zero.

Ads

04-28-2014, 12:42 AM

Well, it's not "legitament " [sic], nor is it the "expierance [sic] of a lifetime."

This silly "honor" society, like all the others, just wants your money. It's not an honor, you weren't nominated, and they bought your name off a list. If you go it will be a fun (EXPENSIVE) vacation, but nothing more.

Whatever you do, do not put this on your college applications. No point in bragging to the college admissions officers how gullible you are.

FWIW, the organization (a for-profit company, making money off of YOUR hard work and vanity) makes billions of dollars a year from high-school students like you.
04-28-2014, 12:46 AM

Hello! Congrats on your nomination to attend The Congress of Future Medical Leaders! You have a right to be very proud Smile My name is Anna and I am the Director of Social Media for The National Academy. I hope you can come to DC in February. It was a life changing experience for me, even just working at the event. If you have ANY questions feel free to reach out to our admissions dept directly at 202-818-8319. In the meantime, check out our website http://www.facebook.com/futuredocs. You'll find testimonials from some of the scholars who attended The Congress this past February, the complete list of our impressive past speakers, and much more. Hope to see you in Washington, DC!

Anna Alexa
Director of Social Media
The National Academy of Future Physicians and Medical Scientists

ps. Here's a pic of me and Jack Andraka from the Congress. He was so nice, and was generous to hang out with some of the scholars at The Congress. If you don't know who Jack is, you should. He is a 16 year old curing pancreatic cancer, and he spoke at The Congress!
04-28-2014, 12:49 AM

Short answer: It is as useful as a knighthood.

Long answer: You cannot be that gullible. I am a school nurse at a large university that has MD / DDS program. I have ran into the psychologist who interviews medical students. I asked him about this. He said it does no more than a membership in fraternity (which is a place you pay money to make friends.)

Look here to see if anything like that is mentioned here, and save your money to buy yourself a new laptop https://www.eeb.ucla.edu/images/EEBpreprofMedical.pdf