This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Social Media issue at our school!?
04-28-2014, 12:38 AM
Social Media issue at our school!?
So somebody from our school distric started this "confessions" page on twitter. Like this thing went viral. Multiple students from different schools participated. People were anonymously sending confessions to an ask.fm account run by the same person who started the twitter page. The thing is things went out of control and students started to post serious stuff. Like they knew about teachers having sex with students etc. I guess my question is what will happen to this people? like what kind of legal trouble would they be in. I mean no names were mentioned in the posts and they were not specific but they were like concerning because they could be acusations that could get a teacher in a whole lot of trouble. Would the school contact ask.fm to find out more information about who posted? would they need a court order for that? How long does that take? etc I just want to learn about how this whole thing will play out! Thanks in advance

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:41 AM

If they wanted to find out who posted, the process would go as follows.

1. School District requests a court order
2. This gets processed, and most likely approved
3. School District presents court order to ask.fm
4. ask.fm finds user who posted, or ip of post origin.
5. School District uses this to find out who posted this, and they can choose to requests arrests, fine and suspend faculty, suspend students, ect., but I doubt the school would go through so much trouble JUST to suspend and fire a few people.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply