This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have Windows 8.0 should I update to 8.1?
04-28-2014, 12:47 AM
I have Windows 8.0 should I update to 8.1?
It is a free download, but is it worth it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:50 AM

Yes its free, the tablet I'm talking on was updated from 8.0-8.1
Well worth it!,
You will also get more access to apps on the market which you may not of had access to before

Ads

04-28-2014, 12:56 AM

You'll have to eventually. Win 8 is being replaced with 8.1 so might as well do it now. It's better anyway.
04-28-2014, 01:05 AM

I did and my PC seems to be a lot less buggy.

Windows 8 had a crapload of patches/update.....seems like my pc started running worse and worse the more I installed. So I did a clean install of W8 then went right to W8.1.....running pretty smooth now.
04-28-2014, 01:12 AM

IMO, I'd update to Win7.
04-28-2014, 01:12 AM

Don't get confuse, It's worth while upgrading windows 8 to windows 8.1

10 Advantages of windows 8.1 over windows 8

1. Windows Phone 8.1 shakes things up radically. It will continue to support the Silverlight-based applications developed for both Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8.

2. It Takes Up Less Space

3. Supercharged Search.

4. Automatic App Updates

5. Start Screen Can Share Desktop Background

6. Dynamic Lock Screen

7. Improved Multi-Monitor Support

8. Deeper SkyDrive Integration

9. Windows 8.1, you'll be able to run the official Facebook app for Windows, which provides a native experience for PCs.

10. Better Multi-Tasking.
04-28-2014, 01:19 AM

I think most Users and Companies which still use Windows XP will Upgrade to Windows 7 they will never upgrade to that buggy full of viruses Windows 8.1 OS and also to that ugly Office 2013 as well. So many software applications at companies can't even run on Windows 7 so they had to use Windows XP and silly Microsoft expects that people from XP will upgrade to buggy cartoon OS. This will happen only in Microsoft Dreams. They couldn't even fix 40% Windows 8 issues in Windows 8.1 how silly and stupid they are. They probably need to fix interface fist a lot in both Win 8.1 and Office 2013 as well and then so many others stuff including removing that Metro interface and that Metro start up or whatever is called now. Most people already gave up and they are waiting and hoping that Ms fixes all these in Windows 9 we all hope for that.