This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My boyfriend and I have had a long distance relationship for nearly 10 months & now, we have a hard time making conversa
04-28-2014, 12:51 AM
My boyfriend and I have had a long distance relationship for nearly 10 months & now, we have a hard time making conversa
Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and I have had a terrible time making conversation these past couple weeks; we love each other dearly and want to keep things going great but something is going wrong.

We don't fight, we have only fought about once or twice and nothing great came out of them. We worked out the fight the same day and continued on merrily.

We met on Instagram and rapidly became lovers, haha. Since meeting, we've made it clear we want this to be clean so we don't send nudes or really dirty chat. We feel like we just...that's not really for us. We flirt a lot, don't get me wrong. Haha.

As I said, now we have a hard time making casual conversation. I'll ask him a question about what he thinks about something and he'll say he doesn't know. Today this happened and he said, "Idk like we're dying out well I mean me. i feel like I'm not helping or doing anything to keep a convo and it seems to bother you a Lil and be kinds boring," afterwards I expressed to him that I feel like I'm boring him or something and its not that lack of conversation bothers me i just...feel like I bore him, like I said.

We both want this to work and we get along great!

Please, I'm begging, can someone give me some advice on how to keep this going? If you have any other relationship advice or long distance relationship advice, please tell me!

Thank you so much,
-Sam

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 12:58 AM

Sometimes long distance relationship is one of the hardest to keep but there are many people that manage it and do it well. Anyway, if you ask me, its not about talking for hours on the phone, Whatsapp, Viber, Skype or whatever is it you use everyday, is more about quality. At times, it can be really hard because of time difference, work/study/social life of each other that time may not allow each other to talk that much. You can’t possibly spend 2hrs of it sharing our everyday life – what we ate for dinner, how was it made, the breakfast cereal ingredients, bus driver today, news during the day, etc… it can get quite boring.

At times its like you trying to share a joke you and your friends had but it can be quite hard for him to understand it and vice versa. I think more importantly is going “old school”. This means, let each other do own things after school/work and then occasionally during the weekends, spend sometime sharing about some deep conversations – not exactly about politics, meanings of life, religion, etc… I mean, occasionally (snail) mail some small gifts to each other. Not expensive/pricey gifts but small stuff where you know you can only find it in Chicago and not Toronto / London.

Whether you do anything sexual over the internet, I think its about trust and each other. Dirty chats can be something like sharing each other’s sexual fantasies so that when you see each other, both can try it out or find out what type of girls he likes, as long as your open minded about it.

After you both get a little busy on each other’s life such as with work, social life or studies, you’ll eventually have more conversations to discuss on the phone.

Remembers, its quality and not quantity!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply