This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windows 8 Wifi Help?
04-28-2014, 12:53 AM
Windows 8 Wifi Help?
Hello, I just bought a new computer, I installed all of the programs, when I try to go to the internet access it says Unavailable/ No connections are available. I am trying to connect to my fully functional wifi.
It is a cyberpower

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 01:02 AM

You did not say what brand of computer but in general there is a function key that toggles the WiFi on and off. I had machines where that was Fn+F8 . On some Toshiba computers there is a key near the power button that turns the wifi on and off. Most of these keys look like an antenna with waves on either side of the top of them, if that makes sense. This has to be turned on in additional to the wifi being enabled.

To make sure that the WiFi is enabled (different from on), from the Control Panel, select Network and Sharing. From that screen, on the upper left side choose Change Adapter Settings. From that window, make sure that Wireless Network Connection is enabled as in it does not have a red x on it.

Ads

04-28-2014, 01:03 AM

may be your windows need update or your wifi adapter needs update and also in some cases antivirus installed can cause problems, resetting network setting(which will cause erase all wifi saved networks) or restarting your wifi device can also resolve the problems in some cases. resetting wifi router also resolve sometimes.

connecting with some wired network and update or troubleshoot your wifi adapter can also resolve the problem in most cases.