This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My internet is saying it's connected, but won't go to any webpage. Please HELP!?
04-28-2014, 12:54 AM
My internet is saying it's connected, but won't go to any webpage. Please HELP!?
I go to night school, and all my school work is online, and I've been bringing my laptop to school to do work, for about a couple months now, and had no problem. Recently, about 2 days ago, whenever I get on at school, the internet will be connected, but whenever I try to go to the school login page, to do school, or get into my email, or really go to anything, it says "This webpage is not available" The only thing it will let me go to is google.com, but when I try to seach something on it, it says that same thing. It says it when I try to get in my email, my school or search something FOR school. I know my school has a proxy server, but since day one, I set it up, and have not messed with it since. I started noticing it around the time I downloaded iTunes onto my computer and the stupid iTunes downloaded a bunch of other crap with it. Just a second ago, while I was typing this up, my screen went blue with a bunch of writing on it and it saif something like 'If this is the first time seeing this, restart your computer' so I restarted it.

Sorry if I'm starting to sound angry, it's because I am. I'm currently at school using an unprotected wifi connection. I would like to know what's going on though, so I can get back on my school's, cause I don't trust this cause it's unsecured.

Things to know. I use Google Chrome (Have since I got this computer at Christmas), I have a Dell Vostro 1000 computer, and I think it's Windows 7? I'm not sure what kind of Windows system it is.
Just wanted to add, that it works perfectly fine at home.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 01:04 AM

Can you get to any other sites but Google? If so I'd see if your firewall was blocking it for some reason. I had a similar problem and it was because my firewall was blocking wifi access. Once I changed that, no more problems.

Hope that helps!

Ads

04-28-2014, 01:13 AM

you have the BSOD (blue screen of death) its a virus itunes comes with randomly you must clear your hardrive before it gets worse. It has happened to me before and your laptop will be less than useless. search on google how to clear hardrive with your type of operation system and uninstall itunes immediately and everyhing it camw with SEPERATELY.
04-28-2014, 01:19 AM

does sound like some sort of firewall issue, but very weird. maybe a virus of sorts that is causing the firewall issue. could be a complete different problem though. I recommended restoring your computer to a previous time, that usually fixes internet connection issues like you are having. good luck!