This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to remove the Outfox tv virus?
04-28-2014, 12:55 AM
How to remove the Outfox tv virus?
This virus is powerful. I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it. System restore is no use.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 01:02 AM

You obviously haven't tried EVERYTHING, since you didn't try Google.

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-outfox-tv.html

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/outfox-tv-removal/

https://www.google.com/search?q=remove+t...hannel=rcs

Ads

04-28-2014, 01:08 AM

If you noticed Outfox TV redirect on your computer and you are sure that you want to remove it from it, you can use these steps:

1.Uninstall Outfox TV via Add/Remove Programs list:
2.Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
3.When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for Outfox.TV and click Uninstall.
4.Click OK to save the changes.
5.Reset each of your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
Internet Explorer:

Open Internet Explorer-- click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.

Mozilla Firefox:

Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.

Google Chrome:

Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
Here, look for Outfox.TV and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
Finally, scan your computer with SpyHunter, STOPzilla or other reputable security application. This is an optional set that will help you to make sure that your computer is completely clean.
04-28-2014, 01:11 AM

I have tried all the suggested ways plus some..
This worked. My husband walked me though it over the phone. He is a software engineer and writes embedded linux
) Press the windows key and the r key on your keyboard at the same time
A box will appear in that box type regedit then Ok
a premission box will come up "yes"

In the menu at the top under Edit type findonce
you will see files on the left and right' Focus only on the highlighted ones on the left
If one on the right side is highlighted go back to the top menu under edit and click find next
continue doing that till one on the left is highlighted" the file above the the highlighted file on the left will be a folder" run" click on that" and see if any related file is there if it is there delete it and continue with the same process of find next , run folder expand find and related file and delete it . I had do do that about 5 time before I found the folder and then a couple more times to find another entry continue till a box tells search is complete.
Just deleting this from your browser does not work or using uninstaller software.and you don't have to download any additional programs. I explained it the best I could and if you follow those steps it will be removed