This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Being charged for an Ad I don't have?
04-28-2014, 12:57 AM
Being charged for an Ad I don't have?
I set up a Page with Facebook about 4 weeks ago, and have since been charged by direct debit, amounting to approx £100 - 150 which I cannot afford being on disability benefits. Why am I being charged for an Ad I have not set up? I received a Statement from Facebook listing the charges for an Ad, which I have not taken out, , and am wondering if this was fraudulent? As I did not think I would be charged for a Page, nor was I warned when setting the Page up that I would be charged any money for it, as it is for the Community about homelessness issues etc. So why have I been charged as it is not for business and not for profit. Rachel Cumming.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 01:02 AM

You would probably be better taking this up with facebook, as them to see the ad, if the ad has nothing to do with you then it may be fraud.

Ads

04-28-2014, 01:08 AM

I though setting up a business page was free, you would have had to specifically signed up for their self serve advertising program to be charged for ads, maybe they have gotten more predatory.

Just be sure it's really Facebook and not just another phishing email.

Typically one just starting to use their paid ads would set a daily spend cap of under £5 and would be checking the results daily.