This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Home VPN solution DD-wrt or WHS?
04-28-2014, 12:58 AM
Home VPN solution DD-wrt or WHS?
Im wanting to do a home VPN solution that involves me and a few others connecting to my home network to access files and use various services including some lan based gaming. I'm not sure whether a my router (TP-link TL-WDR4300 running dd-wrt) or my Windows home server to host the vpn. I Have a domain name and in static IP address aswell for easier connections. Im also wanting to be able to connect my android devices to the vpn aswell (dont need to worry about ios or OSX, but having that would be a bonus).
so dd-wrt vpn or windows home server 2011 vpn?
in WHS2011 VPN what vpn solution do you recommend? I would prefer a free solution (like openVPN?) or something that has a one off charge which i believe Hamachi is subscription based.

Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 01:08 AM

Any VPN solution over a typical asymmetrical internet connection is going to very poor quality.

That said use OpenVPN on the router.

Disregard the spammers recommending various VPN services.

Ads

04-28-2014, 01:13 AM

We suggest employing http://www.vpnpower.net to unblock web sites. I am using their services for more than 4 years with no issues.