This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I absolutely need an internet connection to play PS3 games?
04-28-2014, 01:00 AM
Do I absolutely need an internet connection to play PS3 games?
I've been out of gaming for a while and the last console I bought was ps2. I've been bumming games off of a friend of mine that has a ps3 and he is always on the internet whenever he plays and he told me that I must have an internet connection to play any game on it. I don't believe him but have been reading contradicting things online. I assume some games you do must most you don't absolutely, necessarily need an internet connection like this freak is telling me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 01:01 AM

no you don't need an internet connection for almost all games. you only need internet if you want to play online with you're friends.

Ads

04-28-2014, 01:08 AM

No, you do not need an internet connection. Although, if you want to play online multiplayer games, you'll need an internet connection. But games that are singleplayer and require no connection, is just fine to play with no internet.
04-28-2014, 01:15 AM

You don't need an internet connection. You only need one to play online with friends or for certain blu ray features. I never had an internet connection with my PS3 and everything worked just fine.