This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The sad passing of Dean Bailey - Did he reach his full potential as an AFL coach ?
04-28-2014, 01:09 AM
The sad passing of Dean Bailey - Did he reach his full potential as an AFL coach ?
Dean Bailey has sadly passed away from the cancer that was diagnosed last year and led to his taking leave from his assistant coaches role at the Crows. My condolences to his family on their loss.

Had to ask a Q to legitimise the post so did DB reach his full potential in his relatively short coaching career ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 01:10 AM

Sad news indeed. I'm no longer living in Victoria so getting news on anything AFL can be difficult. I didn't know he was crook. Just saw a post on FB.
To be fair he didn't have much to work with. I think he was more suited to a support role. As he said himself, he liked to work with the young blokes and develop them as players but more importantly as people.

Ads

04-28-2014, 01:13 AM

My condolences go to his friends and family, only 47 too.

To legitimize the legitimized question no, but that wasn't his doing those demons players had serious attitude problems and made it impossible for him to teach them. almost anywhere else he would have shined.
04-28-2014, 01:16 AM

Very sad news R.I.P. For the questions no he didn't. He's a better coach than the numbers indicate. Big loss to the Crows.
04-28-2014, 01:21 AM

Very sad indeed, condolences to his family.
Pity he wasn't allowed to coach at Melbourne without Connelly and Swab breathing down his neck in the coaches box.
04-28-2014, 01:23 AM

yes a sad day indeed
in answer to your question he didnt have the cattle mate
04-28-2014, 01:28 AM

It's a shame that he is going to be remembered more for the Tanking debacle at Melbourne. than the good things that he tried to achieve in footy.

47. far too young to die. my condolences to his family & friends. he was making a difference at the Crows.

B.Q. he didn't get the right support at Melbourne as senior coach. that became quite obvious when Mark Neeld left with his pants around his ankles.

Cheers.