This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
FB finishes the day at IPO price. Thoughts?
04-28-2014, 01:26 AM
FB finishes the day at IPO price. Thoughts?
I'm shocked and amazed but my faith in humanity is restored (well, maybe not completely). A day's high of 42 and I thought the day's high was going to be 70 or more. I guess hype alone can't do it and people need quality earnings.

So if the IPO price is support is anybody out there calling for FB to get smashed next week?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 01:31 AM

Do remember myspace???? same thing? they said myspace would never die, well??

Ads

04-28-2014, 01:33 AM

I think it might take a beating. I've seen quite a few IPO's in the last couple of years pop on the open and then tailspin the a couple weeks later. I didn't get in because I thought 38 was overvalued; but if it gets hammered down to 28 I'll buy for a long term (3-5 yr) strategy.
04-28-2014, 01:42 AM

The business news stations sort of put the damper on it .IPO's are risky at best an this proves it.
04-28-2014, 01:43 AM

First question, are you an experienced investor? Second question did you do the research about facebook at all? If you are experienced investor than you would have conducted your own research. If you conducted your own research, you would have known that the company was already trading at 40 times it sales at the IPO price. The secondary opening price was around 40, it was way overpriced. Why in the world would you pay 40 times for something that has not even proven itself as a growing company? Tell me something, would you pay 14 dollars for a pack of lays? Your answer should be no, because its only worth $2. It makes no sense to pay $14 for a pack of lays if it costs only $2. Buying stocks is no different.
04-28-2014, 01:51 AM

Crash and Burn. If your not already out now. You will wish you had been come monday
opening.
04-28-2014, 01:56 AM

Smashed...

Wasn't Christian's response just too funny...
04-28-2014, 02:04 AM

No data to make projections based on the share price ....well maybe not...let us look at intra-day numbers to see if any clues to Monday's performance.

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/advchar...e&state=11

There still is not a lot of data to work with even though it is 1 minute intervals

You can discount the first couple of hours of intervals for the indicators as they are just settling down into a rhythm...especially the MACD and RSI.

the MACD towards the end the end of the last half hour with the blue signal line above the MACD combined with narrowing BB's and increased volume...indicated something was going to happen towards the end of the day....the last minute rise and fall could not be predicted in magnitude and was probably day-traders vacating their positions.

As stunning as that last minute was and the previous few minutes leading up to that the buyers still pushed the share price back down.

I would have thought there would be after hours trading but there seems to be none.

I would not place too much emphasis on that last few minutes....

My prediction is the start of the Monday's trading will start pretty much where it is...not enough data to predict a direction yet. Though I don't see bullish signs.....At this time I would rate the situation Neutrally Bearish....I lean to a negative drift but not with any definite conviction at this point. Thise that predicted it going sky high..must be having sober second thoughts now.
04-28-2014, 02:09 AM

I suspect a lot of short sellers are getting in on this.