This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does it seem like Facebook is getting a lot of people in trouble lately?
04-28-2014, 01:45 AM
Does it seem like Facebook is getting a lot of people in trouble lately?
Almost every day in the news, I hear a story where people have gotten in trouble, hurt, or killed because of something on Facebook. The latest is a bunch of teens in Washington State who were hospitalized after going to a drug party that was advertised on Facebook. And last week it was a Rutgers U student that committed suicide. Perhaps Facebook is doing society more harm than good, and should be shut down. What do you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 01:47 AM

I don't think it should be shut down. Its the people. Those teens didn't have to go to the drug party, that was their choice. I'm not sure about the suicide incident but maybe certain things need to be tweaked on Facebook. Its too successful for people to even consider shutting it down. Its a little sad though how much people depend on the computer and things like Facebook now.

Ads

04-28-2014, 02:02 AM

i agree....thats why i deleted mine
04-28-2014, 02:18 AM

I don't think it needs to be shutdown, just monitor stuff before it goes on there.
And I also think they shouldn't have kicked me off for "joining a false high school network" whenever I did no such thing. I didn't even join a high school network.
Weird, huh?
04-28-2014, 02:33 AM

I don't like facebook. It's not facebook's fault persay, it's just the stupidity level of some teens. BUT facebook is terrible because it makes people think that they're safe when you can look up their name in google and their face will be there. It's really scary actually.