This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help designing a wordpress website?
04-28-2014, 02:10 AM
I need help designing a wordpress website?
I am try to find a way or a theme for wordpress which I can use to put my restaurant menu online. I would like to have a photo grid of the categories (Appetizers, Soups, Heros, etc) on the homepage, and once you click it I would like it to open to photos of the items contained inside. Under each photo would be a price and an add to cart button. I imagined this to be pretty simple to do, but I've been searching for a theme that I can install that already has this functionality, and I cannot seem to find one. Perhaps someone much smarter than me can reach out and help?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:14 AM

I entered these words in the search engine, "restaurant wordpress theme" - and found several websites that offer these type of themes you are looking for. As for the shopping cart, you may have to download the plugin, I went to the WP forums, and they have several. Good luck.

Ads

04-28-2014, 02:20 AM

Just out of curiosity, why would they need to add the menu item to a cart? Do they not just need to see the meal and then come and dine at your restaurant?
04-28-2014, 02:27 AM

Hey man! Sounds like you need something E-commerce compatible. I would check with Themeforest.net and look at their themes. Or you could always just get a theme that you like and hire a Expert to add the add to cart buttons. Wordpress is tricky and you might even find yourself in a lack of support. No matter what you choose to do make sure to get protected with VorTask.Their support memberships are cheap and keep me out of trouble.
04-28-2014, 02:29 AM

There are plenty WordPress themes available on WordPress.org. But I would like another WordPress restaurant theme recommended :http://www.apptha.com/category/theme/Wordpress/Restaurant

Hope this helpful!