This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is an SEO article all about self promotion?
04-28-2014, 02:11 AM
Is an SEO article all about self promotion?
I'm learning SEO step by step and about to write my first article. Am i right in thinking i write about something related and put my keywrods in it then link back? It's not about self promotion of my website or talking about my website and basically not an advert?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:12 AM

That's right a search rank seeking article is more like the television program that proceeds the commercial message (perhaps a concept your less familiar with in UK)

I question the long term value of heavy keyword stuffing or computer spinning articles.

Ads

04-28-2014, 02:19 AM

Your article should be informative, and contextually related to the keyword/subject you are trying to rank for ON YOUR OWN SITE. Note, you are not trying to rank the article!

The benefit is that :

A) you get an in content link from a contextually related source.
B) you may get some traffic from the article, ie people liking it and clicking through to your site for more!

High quality article directories, such as seine articles, will not accept am promotional article anyway.
04-28-2014, 02:22 AM

Not exactly about self promotion. But you must use your keywords in your article in a very proper manner.The topic should sensibly relate to the keywords.And the keywords stuffing should also be very real. Too much stuffing of the keywords can harm your site's ranking.Focus on creating useful, information-rich content that uses keywords appropriately and in context.
04-28-2014, 02:29 AM

All you need is to write interesting and informative article. Though you can add some keywords there but try to avoid stuffing of keywords. As many article directories don't accept promotional content. Article marketing is one of the best SEO activity to get a new website found on the internet and get quality backlinks.
04-28-2014, 02:35 AM

Its good to hear you are willing to learn Search engine optimization step by step. Article writing is most important aspect in term of search engine optimization.

Even Google give priority to backlinks coming from content based website . So in your content there should be your targeted keywords involved .

These are some points which you need to keep in mind while writing article's:
1. Article must be Unique
2. Keywords density must be between 2-3 % not more than this .
3. Relevancy
4. Social Media Engagement
5. No promotion word used in content body.
6. Try to use synonyms into content body
These are some major things which you need to keep in mind