This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I click on google advertisements on a websites I visit, will the site get paid?
04-28-2014, 02:17 AM
If I click on google advertisements on a websites I visit, will the site get paid?
like clicking on google ads or opening them in background tab till I read and finish the article,,,
not my site and not my google ad account either!!
Its just I feel great for the hard work of site owners, so if I click their ads...is it fine to do so??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:23 AM

If it not your site, the site will be paid a minute amount and the advertiser will be charged an amount.

If its your site and you have clicked the ads yourself, you will be banned from Google Adsense.

See Google Adsense and Google Adwords.

Ads

04-28-2014, 02:25 AM

That would be considered fraud, and yes it's a too common an occurrence, click fraud is behind Google's sometimes ruthless looking habit of banning advertisers for life, who's account has shown unnatural click patterns.
04-28-2014, 02:31 AM

That's the whole point.
04-28-2014, 02:32 AM

Yes, the site get paid but very negligible amount.If you are doing for some other's website then it's alright.But, if you want to do it for your website and click yourself. Then, Google will penalized you or might banned you.

So, its better not to play with Google rules and regulations.
04-28-2014, 02:36 AM

Short Answer: Yes. If they are Google ads from Adsense, the website owner will receive a portion of what the advertiser pays Google per click.

Longer Answer - The implications: Besides the website owner to whom you appreciate, there is somebody else involved. The advertiser.

If you are clicking on an ad because you are genuinely interested in what the advertiser has to offer, then you are benefiting the website owner and the advertiser. (win win)

However, if you are clicking on an ad simply as a favor to the website owner, then that is nothing more than taking money from the advertiser and handing it to the website owner. (win lose)

In the second scenario, there are longer term implications. Google is not shy about the fact that they don't tolerate "favor" or fraud clicks and will suspend the website owner's account permanently.

Google's interest is in providing value to the advertiser for every dollar they spend in clicks. They (quickly) remove website owner accounts from their network that deliver anything short of that value.

So the few cents you generate for the website owner by favor clicking would be taken away from them...along with their entire account. And that would have the opposite result that you wanted to offer the website owner for their hard work.