This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Xbox 360 won't connect to wireless router?
04-28-2014, 02:19 AM
Xbox 360 won't connect to wireless router?
i moved recently and just received my xbox 360 from back home. I hooked up my xbox and plugged in the xbox wireless adapter.

I clicked on "connect to xbox live" and got an error saying that there was no connection found. I went to the system settings, network settings, and clicked on my router.

There are two routers that popped up, the main router, and guest. Since I've moved in with my dad ive NEVER been able to connect to the main router, so i use the guest for my laptop and ipad. So i clicked on guest and tested the connection.

The light on the wireless adapter is green, so im guessing that means the router is being recognized. The Xbox is able to connect to the internet but it won't connect to the internet. I get an error message. It took me to suggestions. My laptop and ipad work fine on the internet but my xbox cannot connect, so i turned off my xbox, i unplugged my router for 30 seconds and plugged it back in for 30 seconds.Still nothing. I can connect to the network but the internet connection of the test fails.

So i went to google and searched for help. I was told by numerous people to go to configure network and restore the network to factory default. I did that, scanned for my network a few times, turned off my console and turned it back on. SAME THING, i connect to the network, but the internet connection part of the test fails.

I decided to try the main router, instead of the guest. The main router doesn't even connect to the network and when i go to configure, the IP address, gate address, and whatever other address is blank. I tried filling in those blank addresses automatically but still nothing. I even did it manually and still nothing. It won't even connect to the main router.

I have no main desktop, and the modem is a too far for me to connect my xbox via Ethernet cable. So i need to do it wireless. I know some guest networks have limits on how many devices can use it, so i turned off my ipad wifi and still nothing.

All i keep getting is the same responses from everyone. Nothing works. Can someone help me out?
Ive never had this problem before.

Side note: I have the white, one antenna, xbox 360 wireless adapter. I heard some of those adapters come with an installation disk, but when i bought mine it never came with that and i was able to plug it in and play.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:21 AM

Try entering the Gateway, Subnet Mask and DNS settings manually rather than allowing it to try and find them automatically.

Easiest way to find them is to connect your laptop to the internet, search your computer for CMD and open the program. In the black box that appears, type:

IPCONFIG&#x2F;ALL

It will reel off a load of information, scroll back up and find the bits which say IP Address, Gateway, and the Primary and Secondary DNS. If there&#x27;s only one DNS then just enter that into both. Now, you know these are the correct settings because youre already connected to them.

Its worth forwarding the xbox live ports on your router as well but this requires you have the username and password to the router settings, and that you can find where to forward ports which can be tricky depending on the router.

If manually entering the settings doesnt work, they I need to know what suggestions the xbox comes up with when it fails to connect.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply