This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is how to make your internet connection faster?
04-28-2014, 02:21 AM
Is how to make your internet connection faster?
Say if you have a laptop with built in wireless internet, then you buy a wireless adapter and plug it in to the USB port. Will you have 2 internet connections on 1 laptop, makeing your internet faster?

Or will it give you a choice to use one or the other. Basically what I'm saying is that can you use them both at the same time on one machine?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:31 AM

If your computer is wireless-enabled, you could plug a wireless adapter into every available USB port and it wouldn't make one iota of difference. Your internet connection speed is governed by what package deal you have with your ISP.

Ads

04-28-2014, 02:38 AM

It wouldn't make any bit of difference, it depends on the sinal your router is giving out and not what your computer is receiving. I would just use the built in receiver - it gives you an extra usb port to use.
04-28-2014, 02:45 AM

for fast internet, call your internet company and upgrade it. there is no way you can get fast internet with two wireless. example, cable, you're not going to get all channel if you pay for local, if you upgrade you will get more channel and so on. they have everything and they only give you for what you are paying for. hope this help
04-28-2014, 02:53 AM

Wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference. For a start they are two totally different kinds of connection therefore work in different ways and you can only use one or the other. You can't use both at the same time

The fastest internet connection is a direct hardwired Ethernet connection between your laptop and the modem.

Any wireless connection is a lot slower than any wired one because it is subject to any interference.

However having said that your speed is totally governed by what speed your paying for from your provider. You want faster then you have got to pay for a faster speed.
04-28-2014, 03:01 AM

i was just gonna ask this question how effing random is that, my laptop is slow, people are saying it doesn't help, also how can i get to my routers settings to change from wpa2 to wep