This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I change the notification settings on Facebook?
10-15-2012, 09:08 PM
How do I change the notification settings on Facebook?
Just recently, my notification icon on Facebook has started showing notifications for even when someone on my friends' list makes a new post or shares some photo. (I can't understand the need to be specifically notified of something I can see on the home page after logging in.) Previously, it used to do so only when someone made a comment on a post I entered, or some image I added, etc. I'm unable to get this abrupt change. I checked on the Notifications Settings page (located at http://www.facebook.com/#!/settings?tab=notifications link), but there's no option other than for receiving emails too for certain notification. If you've any idea of how to change the settings so as to not receive notifications so frequently, let me know.

Please note that I'm not talking about controlling the email notifications here. I'm talking about controlling the notification settings on Facebook itself (the third icon at the top-left of a facebook page).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:17 PM

Update your notification settings. Click Edit next to the notification types you want to receive and make sure the appropriate boxes are checked.

When you've selected to only get summary emails of notifications, you won't be able to adjust individual notification settings.
To turn summary emails off,
Go to accontsetting >> notification >> unselect the Email Frequency option at the top of the notifications page and edit the all notifications.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply