This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Online Age Question?
04-28-2014, 02:24 AM
Online Age Question?
I lied about some info to access some of bethesdas web page and to download thier games on steam and it bothers me to do it because I know I'm lying but my parents are okay with me accessing this content.
Is this illegal?
what are the possible consequences?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:32 AM

It just a game. Does it worth you did that?

Ads

04-28-2014, 02:37 AM

Don't even worry about it. Like seriously, more people than not do it. It's fine with Bethesda, they just need age conformations to avoid lawsuits and that over adult content. Please don't worry about it! It's absolutely normal!
04-28-2014, 02:40 AM

The possible consequence would be losing your account.
The reality is there isn't much risk to it.

If your parents have given you permission to do it, then don't worry about it. It is merely a legal protection for the company in question. As long as you say you are 18 and agree to their terms, they won't go looking for any evidence to the contrary. All you are doing, basically, is making the lives of your parents easier so that they don't have to come to the computer all the time to do things for you. It is basically like signatures ... if someone authorizes you to sign their name it isn't forgery and is perfectly legal.