This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to stop redirect popup tabs & multiple ad links on google?
04-28-2014, 02:24 AM
How to stop redirect popup tabs & multiple ad links on google?
So when I open google chrome and search anything a ton of "ads not by this site" show up on top that did not used to before. Then when I click on links another tab opens up that says "redirect" at first then redirects me to links that say my flashplayer is outdated or google chrome is outdated or a number of other random ads and sites come up.

Also, I accidentally had installed conduit, optimizer pro, and highlighty - I went to my control panel and uninstalled all of those and restarted my laptop. This is still happening. What should I do? I have Windows 7 if that matters at all. Help! Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:34 AM

http://tinyurl.com/yr5dxm

Ads

04-28-2014, 02:36 AM

It looks like your system could be infected by adware. We would recommend that you follow the troubleshooting mentioned below:

1.Remove any unwanted or unrecognized applications from “Programs & Features”
2.Download and scan your system using a free antimalware tool such as Malwarebytes or Hitman Pro.
3.Remove any infections that it finds.
4.Make sure you have antivirus software installed.
5.In case you don’t have it, and don’t want to pay for one, we would recommend that enable Windows Defender which come preinstalled with Windows 8, or download Microsoft Security Essentials for previous versions of Windows.
6.Make sure your antivirus software is up-to-date.