This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't Connect to Network PC?
04-28-2014, 02:25 AM
Can't Connect to Network PC?
Hey I have a Desktop that no one can connect to, I need to connect with it so that i can use it's printer whenever I'm working on my laptop no Other Notebook or desktop can connect to it however it can enter every other Computer in the house. when in the network folder and try to enter it loads for a bit and then gives me a Message Unable to access //Home-PC with the options of cancel and diagnose when i click on diagnose i end up with a message that the network pc is not responding plz help me fix this

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:30 AM

A lot of variables are involved when you connect to a network: cables, network adapters, drivers, and routers. So troubleshooting network connection problems can be challenging. This article can help you find and fix problems with wired (Ethernet) and wireless (Wi‑Fi) network connections. Some common problems are:

A wireless network adapter switch is turned off

Airplane mode is turned on

Disconnected or improperly connected cables

Incorrect WEP, WPA, or WPA2 security keys or passphrases

Mismatched wireless standards

Missing updates

Incorrect network connection settings

Damaged or incompatible drivers

Hardware or software problems

Follow the steps in these sections to try to solve the problem, and then try connecting after each one. If the problem still occurs, move on to the next section.

Use an automated troubleshooter

An automated troubleshooter can find and automatically fix some common networking problems. Run the Network troubleshooter first, and then test your network or Internet connection to see if the problem has been fixed. If it doesn't fix the problem, try the rest of the automated troubleshooters.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply