This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
kindle help internet what does it mean if the internet goes on and off?
04-28-2014, 02:29 AM
kindle help internet what does it mean if the internet goes on and off?
Hi i got a kindle touch in 2013 and i only been on it about 5 time in the last year but now that i dinged it back out i want to go on it but when i connect to the internet it goes on then it goes off is that meant to happen to a kindle? then i put the password in and nothing comes up so I'm sitting waiting for the internet to come on but its not but i turned the internet off from the wall.. But i get it for about 2 minters then it goes off my kindle but it worked on other internets in the past is there anything wrong with the kindle or is it the internet thats playing it up. any ideas thanks.... Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:33 AM

I don't understand.

Do you have a Wifi Kindle Touch or a Wifi/3G Kindle Touch?

Both can use a Wifi network (a wireless extension of your home or work internet which is either added by your internet provider, for example Comcast, or you can buy a Wifi router and add that to your home wired internet). You need to know the name of your Wifi network and there is usually a security key aka WEP or WPA2. If you have a Wifi Kindle and you are trying to connect to someone else's Wifi (like your neighbors) they could have a firewall or security key or Mac address blocking or you could just be too far away to connect well (plus it's illegal unless they gave you permission).

The 3G model can also connect to an AT&T cell tower signal (if you have a good signal) but that can no longer be used for browsing - it can only be used for connecting to the Kindle Store (via the menu), buying and downloading ebooks from there, and searching Wikipedia via the search feature when reading.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply