This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On eBay, what does it mean when someone asks me to make them a deal?
04-28-2014, 02:29 AM
On eBay, what does it mean when someone asks me to make them a deal?
I've never sold anything on eBay before and am just trying to make a bit of cash on some old shirt I don't need and someone made a bid on both and messaged me "make me a deal on this one and the other one."

I don't know how to interpret this. They're the only bidder on both and I have a buy now option $10 higher than the bid price. I thought this was the only way it worked, bid until the auction is over, or buy it then and there? Should I even acknowledge the message?

Sorry if this has been asked already, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:37 AM

It means they want you to make them an offer when you aren't using Best Offer, or they want to do an off-eBay transaction, both of which are prohibited. So don't feel bad about not knowing what it means. You shouldn't have to.

It's entirely up to you whether you want to do business with this person. As a new seller, you're taking a serious risk with one person bidding on both of your auctions. If he negs you, your feedback rating will be in the toilet.

I recommend adding him to your blocked bidders list. You can leave his bids intact, hoping he gets outbid, or cancel them, which could make him mad.

If you leave his bids intact, you could ignore him (which I almost always recommend) or reply sweetly with something like, "Thanks for your bids! You're getting the best deal I can offer on both the xyz and the abc. If you win both and pay for both together on one invoice, I can combine shipping for an even better deal. Thanks so much for your business and have a great day!"

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply