This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much money will a social networking site cost to build?
04-28-2014, 02:38 AM
How much money will a social networking site cost to build?
I've look online, the library, everywhere, I've tried finding a clear answer but they all say it'll cost a lot, or you will never be able do it, or just tells me where to get the money. Is there an article that shows the actual cost or is there a way to estimate of how much it'll cost to build a social networking site?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:39 AM

Of course there is no "clear answer". Such a cost is in NO WAY standardized. It depends completely on the size and scope of the site you want to operate, how much knowledge YOU have in the technical side, and the equipment that you want. It might cost $10,000 or $10 million.

Ads

04-28-2014, 02:40 AM

Most of the popular social networking sites costs millions due to the overhead charges of the servers or data center they need to handle a high volume of traffic. If you ignore the traffic and popularity then you can start by registering a domain name and using shared hosting all under $100 /yr.