This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I open files with google chrome?
04-28-2014, 02:40 AM
How do I open files with google chrome?
Okay, so I want to open a gif I have saved in a folder on my hp, but whenever it open, it's viewed in internet explorer instead of google chrome. How do I get it to open in google chrome? When I click on a file a little icon on the top says "open" and it gives me a few options of how I want to open it. Right now it's set under internet explorer, but it doesn't give me the option of google chrome. Help, anyone?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:48 AM

IT SEEMS THAT THE GOOGLE CHROME IS NOT YOUR DEFAULT WEB BROWSER .THE INTERNET EXPLORER IS UR WEB BROWSER THATS Y EVERY THING IS OPENED IN INTERNET EXPLORER

MAKE GOOGLE CHROME AS UR WEB BROWSER N UR PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVED..

HERE IS THE EASIEST WAY.......

While in Google Chrome, just click on the wrench in the upper right corner which gives you a drop-down menu....Select OPTIONS. By default you should be clicked on to the tab reading BASICS. If not click on that tab at the top of the window.

At the bottom of the window simply click 'Make Google Chrome my default browser.'
then try to open ur file ok

or

right click on the file u want to open

n

select open with

n

select google chrome

the file will open in google chrome..

HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS U IN OPENING YOUR FILE IN GOOGLE CHROME..

Ads

04-28-2014, 02:57 AM

right click on it
go to properties
then open with
and choose google chrome from program files (or whatever it is now - sorrry, i use linux)

it's kind of intuitive once you right click and choose proerties

this is if you don't want chrome as your default browser - I've heard it can mess up outlook links