This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can i use a dial-up internet connection with a 56k modem for gaming online with a Wii or Xbox 360?
04-28-2014, 02:43 AM
Can i use a dial-up internet connection with a 56k modem for gaming online with a Wii or Xbox 360?
I need to know if my internet connection applies as a "broadband" connection in order to be able to play online. Can somone help me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 02:45 AM

Absolutely not. A Dial-Up internet connection isn't capable of that sort of work, as gaming online with a Wii or Xbox 360 requires a wireless broadband connection (As most, if not all broadband connections are wireless) and a dial-up internet connection requires a cable be plugged into a phone-jack for it to work. Xbox 360s and Wiis are not capable of using phone-jacks for the connection. Besides, if you COULD use a 56k modem / dial-up internet connection to game online with a 360 or a Wii, then you would end up getting disconnected from the game you're playing all the time, because Dial-Up is extremely slow, and incapable of running even the most mundane online computer MMOs.

Ads

04-28-2014, 02:47 AM

Reffering to the 360, 56k connections won't get much play with the new updates, and changing dashboard advertisements. It really is going to suck your band with just to look at basic images?!? You may creep onto the scene, but don't plan on loading any matchmaking with other players in anything besides arcade games.
04-28-2014, 02:48 AM

Dial-up is considered narrow-band. According to wikipedia:

Broadband in data can refer to broadband networks or broadband Internet, so that data transmission over a fiber optic cable would be referred to as broadband as compared to a telephone modem operating at 56,000 bits per second.
04-28-2014, 02:54 AM

A 56k modem is still considered as dial up

No You NEED high speed internet. it wont even allow you to connect to live without High speed