This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yahoo sues Facebook over patents.?
10-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Yahoo sues Facebook over patents.?
Andy Baio sold Upcoming.org to Yahoo in 2005 for an undisclosed sum, and agreed at the time to help the company file for patents based on the site he had invented and the code he had written. Baio was hesitant to do so, but told Wired.com that he thought he was helping as a precautionary measure.

“I thought I was giving them a shield,” Baio said. “It turns out I gave them a missile with my name permanently engraved on it.”

He helped Yahoo file for eight patents, four of which were later granted. And while none were cited in the Yahoo complaint, Baio said a handful were now “weaponized to use against people like me.”

SUMMARY
PATENT DISPUTE: Yahoo sues Facebook over patents.

AHEAD OF IPO: The suit comes weeks before Facebook is due to cash in with its initial public stock offering.

UNSPECIFIED DAMAGES: Yahoo is asking for unspecified damages and a jury trial.

Patent lawsuits have become a driving force in technology recently; Apple has been seeking to ensure its dominance of the tablet market by suing rival Samsung, citing patent infringement in more than 30 cases across 10 countries. And Microsoft has been using its patent portfolio as a source of revenues, ironically earning profits for every gadget that its competitors sell.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/03/1...z1p8ISnYYt

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:17 PM

Your question?

Ads

Wow , i see one care about this.

It's just a publicity stunt by yahoo.
FB advertising appears on every yahoo page. Meanwhile, yahoo is going down the liberal tubes and continues to make it difficult to post a conservative comment. No thumb-down option on many of their news stories.
"Feed back" has been gone for some time. They DO NOT want to know how pissed I am.