This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is anyone else having a problem with IE11?
04-28-2014, 02:50 AM
Is anyone else having a problem with IE11?
I'm running Windows 7 as my OS on a fairly new HP pavilion desktop. My IP is Comcast. Everything was fine with IE9 and I should have stayed with it but MS was promising faster speeds. I'm not computer literate by a long shot but I do what I want to do which isn't much. Now it's like I'm on dial up. Is there a way to go back to IE9? I tried a restore to last week but it wouldn't complete.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:00 AM

Your best bet would be to install a different browser and see how you like it. They're free, and you might find one that's more intuitive to how you browse the internet.

Here's a list of a couple of the most popular browsers

- Firefox
- Safari
- Chrome

For more computer tips visit http://www.tipsforcomputer.com

Ads

04-28-2014, 03:03 AM

First off, I'd get a different browser (I suggest Firefox) and see if that improves your browsing performance. If it doesn't, then it's not the browser that is the problem. Secondly, you're going to need another browser, as you need to remove IE11 before reinstalling the old one. (You need another browser to install IE9 after all)

The removal process is detailed below.

Save and close all Internet Explorer windows and then, run Windows Task Manager to end the running processes in background.

Press Windows 7 Start orb button and go to Control Panel.

Click Programs and choose the View installed updates instead.

Locate the following Windows Internet Explorer 11 or you can type "Internet Explorer" for a quick search. Then, you can directly press the Enter key on your keyboard.

Choose the Yes option from the following "Uninstall an update".

Please wait while Windows Internet Explorer 11 is being configured automatically.

Follow the Microsoft Windows wizard to restart your system.