This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I remove a group of people's status updates on my Facebook news feed?
04-28-2014, 02:57 AM
How can I remove a group of people's status updates on my Facebook news feed?
This is my fraternity which I've dropped out of recently. I don't want to delete them because I don't want to be mean. I am just not interested in their daily lives and there's about 40 members and they all post stuff daily.

I've created my own personal group of them on my Facebook account. Where is the option where I can tell Facebook that I don't want to see them in my news feed?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:03 AM

Go to their pages and click "unfollow." You can remain someone's friend and not see their feed anymore.

Ads

04-28-2014, 03:07 AM

Well, what you would have to do is this. Do you still want to keep them as friends? If so, all you have to do is go to the arrow next to their posts in the newsfeed, you will have to click on each of theirs individually when they pop up and when you drop down, it says something like "do not want to receive notifications." Another way is to go to their profile and where it says "friends", there is a "follow" tab with a check mark. You can click on the "follow" tab again to remove the check mark and this is another way that will prevent notifications from popping up.
04-28-2014, 03:08 AM

I was looking for a quicker alternative than doing that individually I already knew how to &quot;unfollow&quot; one person and still remain their friend. I was just looking for a quicker alternative cuz there&#x27;s about 40 of them
04-28-2014, 03:10 AM

Unfortunately there is no quick way of doing it to group. Individually is the the only way and being that there are 40 of them it should only take 20minutes