This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
eBay seller ended listing early and now wants me to pay early?
04-28-2014, 02:58 AM
eBay seller ended listing early and now wants me to pay early?
I placed a bid on something but when the item still had 5 or 6 days left the seller ended the listing early then emailed me and said she'd like to get the transaction completed as soon as possible. It's been 2 days and she's sending me reminder messages to pay.

Well, I wasn't prepared to pay this early and I don't see how she can do this considering I know the rule that after 3 days of non-payment the seller can open a case. I was prepared to have enough money in my account on the day the listing ended, had I won.

So.. what can I do? Am i forced to pay this early?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:04 AM

Email back and explain when you intended to pay.

Ads

04-28-2014, 03:06 AM

Just be totally honest and open with the seller. Explain that you will have the money in X days.
Besides, you're never forced to do anything. Stop worrying and live a little Smile

If it's not this item, it'll be the next right?
04-28-2014, 03:11 AM

u have to option u can contact the seller and tell u wont have the money till a certan day and see they they agree u can pay then or u can try and cancle your bid and that may work
04-28-2014, 03:20 AM

The seller is a scammer. She ended the listing early, which means there is no contract and you are under no obligation to pay. Similarly, she is under no obligation to ship the item if you do choose to GIVE her money ... and that's exactly the plan. Your payment would be a gift. You would get nothing in return.

I would call eBay and report the seller for harassment. eBay has strict rules on the circumstances under which transaction partners are allowed to contact each other. I assure you that scamming you is not one of them. When she ended the auction early, she ended her business relationship with you and thus has no valid reason to contact you.

In any case, I would not respond to her in any way. If you sell on eBay yourself, add her to your blocked bidders list.