This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does the money go from my credit card if I do not have funds in PayPal account ?
04-28-2014, 03:05 AM
Does the money go from my credit card if I do not have funds in PayPal account ?
I recently opened an eBay and PayPal account. Placed a bid and ordered something on eBay and have to pay with PayPal but I do not have any funds available in my PayPal account. Will the money go down from my credit card. Im not very clued up on using PayPal and apparently have to verify my credit card but have to check my bank statements for a certain code which I have to enter to verify it.

Please help, I need people to comment because the bidding ends in 2 hours time and I do not have any money in my PayPal account.
When I registered for PayPal it asked me to link my credit card for shopping. I did not check the little box for that. It says on an email from PayPal that it will charge $1.95 to check my card and that the money will be paid back into my credit card bank account after the card is verified. It also said that I have to check my credit card bank statement for the code but it will take a few days to show up. Im not worried about the $1.95 its no train smash, they can really keep that. Will the money go down from my credit card if I cant pay with my PayPal balance (which is non-existent) ? PLEASE READ THE ADDITIONAL DETAILS AND COMMENT ON THAT . . . .
I have only recently started doing online shopping as I got myself a credit card. As I am from South Africa I only used it in South Africa since the deliveries are quicker and I could actualy phone the people to verify. Today/tonight 16/17 December 2013 was the first time I used eBay and it said that I needed to register a PayPal account, so I did that, meaning that im completely clueless when it comes to eBay and PayPal. As im a new PayPal user I do not yet have any available funds in my PayPal account. I have to pay the item I purchased on eBAY (before I saw that I needed to have funds in my PayPal account) Thats why I want to know if the seller will take the money directly from my credit card after putting in my credit card number.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:11 AM

If you are the highest bidder when the bidding ends you win and you have several days to pay. If you pay through PayPal the money will be taken from your credit card and you do not need any money in your Paypal account.
The code you need will be in a payment of 1 cent they sent you and you will have to use this code (usually in the discription of the payment) to verify the credit card before paying. If you have online banking this can easily be done.

Ads

04-28-2014, 03:16 AM

Paypal will use your default payment method if no funds are available. Whether that is set as your credit card or your bank. So if you have a balance of 0$, it will go to your default payment method. If you have a balance of 3$, and the total is 7$, then your default payment method will be charged 4$.

Geek Squad Agent Walter M
Badge # 52310
Consultation Agent
Geek Squad Social Media Team
16 December, 2013