This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does it sound like this email has really come from Royal Mail?
04-28-2014, 03:10 AM
Does it sound like this email has really come from Royal Mail?
I received an email from Royal Mail today (or at least it said it was from Royal Mail), The email told me that they have detained my package, and the RM International Mail Branch will write to me telling me why it has been detained and how I can get it released.

There was a file attached, but when I tried to open it, this message came up on my antivirus software (avast! File System Shield has blocked a threat. No further action is required)

I looked on the internet to see what was happening, and I found this web page (below).

http://blog.mxlab.eu/2013/12/04/newer-ve...d-package/

My email is exactly like the example on this website (apart from in the subject on my email it says "ATTN: Lost / Missing package" instead of "Warning: Lost/Missing package"

The email address it was sent from was bpotbmdow@jazfry.com, which to me doesn't sound like a Royal Mail address. The reason I'm wondering whether it really did come from Royal Mail, is because I am expecting a package to be delivered by them anytime soon.

What should I do about this?

Thanks for help.
The second answer is right, how could they have got my address and know that I've placed an order for something? Should I report this to someone, and who should I report it to?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:18 AM

There is no 'international mail branch', only regional. It's spam or a scam.

Ads

04-28-2014, 03:20 AM

Don't worry, if there is something serious you will get a mail from authentic people. It will have order sensitive details as well. But how did these people know abt ur order is what you should think about. They know your address and they know you have an order.
04-28-2014, 03:23 AM

Just delete it. If you respond they will then know your email is active. I get similar emails from Amazon and a well known Courier firm regularly stating that my parcel No 123456 and nothing else I just delete it.
04-28-2014, 03:28 AM

Royal Mail Postie here.

Its definitely not from Royal Mail. Unless you have sent them an email yourself they won't have your email address. Also there is no way they can identify a parcel/letter to a particular email address anyway. If there are problems with VAT etc then they send you a grey card not an email.