This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why should i get a Facebook?
04-28-2014, 03:14 AM
Why should i get a Facebook?
I really want a facebook and I am Fifteen years old. My parents keep saying no because you develop fake relationships. How can I come back at that and what are some arguments towards getting a Facebook?

Please refer to any sources you know of. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:18 AM

Listen to your parents, facebook is a crap useless "socializing" website. Not worth arguing about.

Ads

04-28-2014, 03:27 AM

hmm...Well i'm 16 and have a facebook plus pretty much everyone in my school, everyone in my family has one grandpa, grandma, dad, mom, even my pastor has a facebook...well thats just me...personally I don't see a probelm with facebook.
you should tell your parents to let you have one, under conditions like them getting a facebook to add you as a friend to monitor you, setting your profile to private(which is done automatically for people under 18), and you'll only add people you know.
04-28-2014, 03:35 AM

you shouldent have to ask you parents if you can get facebook most kids have it, most people also just use facebook to talk to friends that they know like school friends not strangers, you can develope fake relationships but only if you want to and if you do then just dont get to sereosue about ti and meet some person somewhere you dont even know.
04-28-2014, 03:39 AM

Face Book Has no relevant point especially at your age the main reason face book was invented was for people to reignite friendships. In high school you see your friends every day deal with it.
04-28-2014, 03:42 AM

One thing I worked out after getting Facebook is that it's a great way to catch up with old and new friends. I have a lot of friends on Facebook from high school and even though I may not be able to catch up with them, I can still write a quick "hello" on their "wall".
Facebook has many apps that are great fun. You can look at your friend's recent photos and status.
The only thing I don't like about Facebook is, it is very public. Everything you do or say on Facebook is visable to all your friends. It is safe, as long as you know all the people in your contact list and don't give out your password to anyone.
Warning: Facebook can be VERY addictive. I go on at least 5 times a week to update my status and look at my friend's activities.
Facebook is used Worldwide, in all languages (even in pirate languge!).
You must be over 18 years of age to own an account (although many young children fake their age).
I recommend you do get Facebook as long as you use it wisely.
http://www.facebook.com
04-28-2014, 03:45 AM

Your parents don't know that Facebook is not for making new friends over the Internet. Facebook is for staying in touch with friends that you already have and perhaps reconnecting with old ones. Because of Facebook, I was able to reconnect with a good friend whom I couldn't find for years!

Facebook is also a good educational tool if you know how to use it for learning. Let's say you forgot what the homework is. You can always go to a friend's page and ask what it is.

Facebook allows you to join your school's network, so you can find your classmate's Facebook profiles. I find this very beneficial because I can easily find my classmates/friends.

Facebook is for staying in touch with friends and reconnecting with friends, whereas sites like MySpace are for making online friends. There's a big difference, so make sure your parents know that.

If you want to, you can also show your parents what Facebook is really like by giving them a "tour" of the site.