This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do website building and hosting sites generally have digital rights to your content?
04-28-2014, 03:15 AM
Do website building and hosting sites generally have digital rights to your content?
Also if you can clarify what that actually means would help also.

Im worried about having my ideas stolen or my site copied if i go with one of these sites,and being able to do anything about it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:18 AM

Probably just some free hosts mention that in their terms.

Google's terms for their 1.4+ Billion Blogger.com pages may be typical, they don't take away your rights but share some...

"When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones."

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply