This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it normal to fall in love at age 32, be 56 and still be in love with this woman? I got married, raised a f?
04-28-2014, 03:23 AM
Is it normal to fall in love at age 32, be 56 and still be in love with this woman? I got married, raised a f?
Is it normal to fall in love at age 32, be 56 and still be in love with this woman? I got married, raised a family, divorced someone else and after all is said and done, I still feel madly in love with the one I met back in 1990

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:25 AM

It's probably because you didn't get closure. But you met her at 32 so any breakup that you had wasn't because you were too young...usually people break up for a reason and you've probably just idealized this woman. The only way to really get over it is to try to get the closure you need by trying to contact her on FB or something...and maybe she's in the same place you are and maybe she's not. Either way, you find out if she's available and willing to try again...or you find out that she's happily married or wants nothing to do with you and that will probably be enough to allow you to move on.

Ads

04-28-2014, 03:30 AM

when times get hard you will always find yourself going back to a time when you were happy. the more you do this the more you forget about any difficulties around this memory. Its true closure helps. My sister was in love with her ex, she had a baby by him and while in hospital found out he had cheated and that the woman was also pregnant and was due the dame time. my sister still forgave him in the effort that he would try to build a family. he still went to see this other woman as she bought him stuff my sister couldnt afford. eventually my sister told him to leave. 3 years later he asked her for one last try. my sister was still in love and took him back, got pregnant and the same thing happened again with another woman. 10 years into a relationship she left and never spoke to him for years. her children decided to contact their real dad and my sister went through a divorce and another child and always thought about her ex and remenisced sbout the good old times. finally her kids met up with the dad and along came empty promises and lies. bringing it all back to my sister who finally closed the door on him and remembered he was a cheating so and so.

either get closure or leave it in the past - unless you are aware that your ex is single and convinced you should speak and see how things go. but be careful sometimes the past is best left in the past.
04-28-2014, 03:34 AM

You're in love with the idea of what could have been. I imagine you two are not in contact anymore, so maybe you should look her up. Find her on facebook and just see how her life turned out. If she's doing great and happily married, you'll be able to move on, knowing it wasn't right for you two. If she's single, take her to dinner and see what happens.
04-28-2014, 03:42 AM

I agree with Jennifer. You aren't in love. Being in love is a RELATIONSHIP that involves 2 people. You don't have that. I doubt you ever had that with her. You are just obsessed with a FANTASY.