This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do the pictures you take for modeling agencies have to be professional?
04-28-2014, 03:30 AM
Do the pictures you take for modeling agencies have to be professional?
Do the pictures you take for a modeling agency have to be professional? I took a lot of great photos with my iPhone and uploaded them to Instagram and other places. I want to send my photos in to Forbes and other modeling agencies. I've been told plenty of times in person and on social networks I should model...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:40 AM

HeySmile
Don't take this rude, but hun, No instagram photos or pictures of you in your bathroom mirror are professional for a modeling agency. Sure taking them on your iphone is okay, but don't add plenty of crazy effects. Sending those in will make you look the complete opposite of professional.

You need to take pictures of:
-Your profiles (Blank background, just a wall works. Side of your face and front view of your face. Do one with your hair up and hair down, and don't smile)
-Your body(Wall background, Just wear a swimsuit or bra underwear. And take a sideview of your body, and a frontview. And don't do any crazy things with your body and don't smile)
After those basic photos, you can take pictures in like a garden, or backyard or try and get a nice looking place, have someone take pictures of you even if it's just a friend or your parent Smile Sit down, stand up, smile, closeup shots, different poses, pictures of you not smiling, Just take lots of pictures, Even yes with an iphone is fine as long as there are no effects! Smile Then sit down and pick the pictures you like and think are good. Pick the ones that don't look like your forcing poses or forcing smiles. They want you to look neutural or not like you're pushing too hard in these pictures. And don't edit them either. They put makeup on you anyway most of the time. And give them A LOT of photos to choose from even if they are all not perfect. Modeling agencies love and need variety.

I hope this helps and hope you become a model Smile Best wishes to you with it! Goodluck Big Grin

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply