This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook "Like" button... change to "finds interesting."?
04-28-2014, 03:39 AM
Facebook "Like" button... change to "finds interesting."?
Does anyone else think that Facebook's "like" button should be changed to "Find Interesting" or that a separate button should be made for such a statement? Reason I ask is this... my local news station has a facebook page, and whenever a story comes out it shows up on my wall. If I want to find it easier to follow a story I'll "like" it. Of course, if it's a story about someone meeting a horrible demise, then people are going to be quick to say, "How in the world could someone LIKE that this is happening?" Most people know why that button is used, but you've always got the dummies. So, anyway, who's with me on the "Finds Interesting" button?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:48 AM

There are two options available for this - a Like button, and Recommend button, which you'll find on the developer's page for Like Buttons. I don't think there should be a "finds interesting" option simply because that'd be awkward in a sentence..."Bob finds interesting cats." That particular phrase won't work, but I'm sure Facebook will come up with new options in the future. Smile

Ke$ha - there is already a working dislike button, although it is not official. It's made by FaceMod, and it's very safe - it's been the target of the scams you see every day, however it has no relation to them and is actually legitimate. The only downside is that only others with the dislike button installed can actually see it in action. http://www.dislike-button.com/index.php Smile

Ads

04-28-2014, 03:56 AM

I think there should be a like, finds interesting, & dislike button