This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yahoo! and Google, should they merge?
04-28-2014, 03:40 AM
Yahoo! and Google, should they merge?
I believe Yahoo! has the better email service than Google, however, Google's search is the winner hands down. I believe Google and Yahoo! should merge certain aspects of their company's together to create an online company the world has never seen before. If Google and Yahoo! were to combine companies what services do you think the company would keep? (Keep in mind that both, Yahoo! and Google, have basically the same services like email and search, but which service would they keep and which service would they trash.)
Other than their being less competition, because Google and Yahoo! will still face Microsoft as a competitor what services should they combine if they were to merge?
Knowing that they won't ever truly merge, this question is theoretical question of what would happen if they did merge and Microsoft was able to provide strong competition.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:41 AM

thats like saying AMD and Intel should merge, yes they COULD make the ultimate CPU putting their heads together but they wouldn't. Without compitition you lose the drive to push. Take Intel for example they are so far ahead that they can make an octo core CPU but won't because there is no compatition yet.

Ads

04-28-2014, 03:43 AM

Nah I don't think they should merge. It's better when they are separated.

Besides it's always better when there is a little competition.

Oh and Yahoo! has too much ads and stuff to load unlike in Google.
04-28-2014, 03:53 AM

first off, they will probably never merge.

See the big difference between Yahoo! and Google is that Yahoo! is more entertainment than anything. Google on the other hand is more serious.

For people like me that are involved in SEO, Google is hands down the best. They off so many programs for people who edit/create or whatever with Web Sites.

Don't get me wrong about Yahoo! They are great, I am using their product right now to answer your question. Yahoo! is just more entertainment than anything. I don't really use anything from Google unless it deals with Websites like their Google Analytics, ad-words, etc.

Oh yeah...their would be absolutely no competition from Microsoft. That is why Microsoft is trying to buy out Yahoo! They offered 44.6 Billion dollars to Yahoo!

Oh but get this...Yahoo! has better detection on "Paid Links" than Google (at the moment). If you don't know what that is, it is where companies sell their Inbound Linking to other companies to try improve page rank and etc.

Go Yahoo! on doing something right!