This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Connection Sharing?
04-28-2014, 03:46 AM
Internet Connection Sharing?
ok, I have 2 systems.
System A runs Windows 7 and has a Wireless card, KILLER Xeno networking card, and a network card on the mother board (nVidia I think). So basically 1 wireless and 2 Ethernet ports in the back

System B is much older (floppy disk era), runs Windows XP and only has one ethernet port for networking.

Is there any way I can share SYSTEM A's WIRELESS internet connection by running an Ethernet cable between the two systems (basically using system A as a router) or do I need to connect one of them directly to the wireless router?
While viewing my network connections, my wireless network connection is listed as "shared" but the local area connection (the ethernet cable between A and B) is listed as "unidentified." Do I need to fix this? Do I need to do anything on system B or just plug it in to system A?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 03:57 AM

Basically if you have a proper wifi connection to broadband this NOT the way to do it. You should just connect both machines to your router.

Ads

04-28-2014, 03:59 AM

Yes. Turn on ICS or sharing (Internet Connection Sharing) on the wireless adapter and enable all service (http, ftp, etc..) and share to eth. Then you can plug a cable from you computers eth to the old machine