This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should i put my ps3 somewhere else for better connection?
04-28-2014, 04:07 AM
Should i put my ps3 somewhere else for better connection?
Its currently under a little table in my room and im lagging a bit online. I dont lag in the living room. I especially lag when my brother is playing online too but he plays with a wired connection. I never lagged in the living room with my brother playing. Should i move it
if it helps I have xfinity internet

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:13 AM

You have two options , move the console closer to the router or move the router closer to the console
option 2 may be easier , simple buy a longer cable that goes from your modem to your router and move the router or call your internet provider and for a fee they send someone out who moves the entire internet connection to another area or another room , you can even ask them to put a wired connection in the room your ps3 is in and go wired ,
they just run a cable outside the home from the place the internet comes in now to your room and using a splitter have it in both rooms

we had the same problem where live , if the router was upstairs nobody downstairs could get on wifi and if it was downstairs you couldn't get the signal upstairs
our provider gave us two wired connections , one up and one down and we bought a second router so we had two wifi signals
took 3 hours and cost us $85 , worth every cent

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply