This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google Chrome; Why when I open a link it opens a new tab?
04-28-2014, 04:08 AM
Google Chrome; Why when I open a link it opens a new tab?
Hi people

Can someone help me with this please, I tried clearing my history but it only works for a short while.

Thanks all answers are appreciated

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:14 AM

The person who wrote the website that you are using can actually program that in with simple html. That or your keyboard is stuck with the button combination for open in new tab stuck down.

Cheers and Good Luck

Ads

04-28-2014, 04:21 AM

Does it happen with all hyperlinks or just on a certain page? Web developers can specify from within their code to open links in a new window, which chrome defaults to a new tab. If this is the case on the website you are on, you are stuck with links opening in tabs for that site.

There are certain key combinations that allow you some control over how tabs and links behave:

Press Ctrl and click a link. Or click a link with your middle mouse button (or mousewheel).
Opens the link in a new tab in the background .

Press Ctrl+Shift and click a link. Or press Shift and click a link with your middle mouse button (or mousewheel). Opens the link in a new tab and switches to the newly opened tab.
Press Shift and click a link. Opens the link in a new window.
04-28-2014, 04:25 AM

Go to Google Chrome settings.Find tabs setting, you should be able to change whether to stay on current tab or switch to new one.
04-28-2014, 04:33 AM

It is a default feature that given by browser, so try to understand it and if not then simply changes your browser.