This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet connection problem?
04-28-2014, 04:11 AM
Internet connection problem?
Suddenly my internet connection is going extremely slow. It was SO fast just yesterday but now it's SO slow. I know NOTHING about how to fix this kind of problem. I know NOTHING about the internet. It's cable BTW. Can someone help me please?
It took over 10 minutes just to submit this question.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:15 AM

repair your internet connection. go to start> run > type
"control netconnections" > mouse to your local area connection and right click it. choose repair connection.
If that doesn't work unplug your cable modem and wait a couple minutes and then plug it back in.

Ads

04-28-2014, 04:19 AM

That's a pretty common problem. Are you using the internet wirelessly? If so, find your router and restart the power (unplug and replug). If not, you can still try to unplug and replug the modem (it should be some kind of plastic box with ports in the back and lights in the front). If you're using cable, it may just be that people in your neighborhood are using it a lot right now, since cable lines are shared with neighborhoods, they are not "per house." Also, you may have some virus(es) or spyware on you computer that are downloading other harmful files and hogging the connection, so try removing those. You can reboot your computer in safe mode (restart computer and hold the F8 key while it is turning on when you see the PC company logo) and then scan for viruses using your favorite Anti-Virus program. I like Kaspersky Anti-Virus a lot.

It might not have anything to do with you though, so you can try to call the cable company's tech support.

Comcast's support number is:
1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278)

Good luck!
04-28-2014, 04:21 AM

1.http://www.elect-spec.com/phone.htm
Remove the noise from your BTW LINE speed up packet delivery
2.Advanced window Care optimization of your system
http://www.download.com/Advanced-Windows...d=10858847
3. Defrag your system (this speed up data handling in your system)
if a noise problem is on your BTW line unplug the modem and plug it back in this shows a EMF and RFI problem
When your system speeds up after unplugging and replugging the modem