This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I cannot sign in to my yahoo messenger though i am connected to the Internet?
04-28-2014, 04:17 AM
I cannot sign in to my yahoo messenger though i am connected to the Internet?
I can login to Yahoo account in IE, I don't have a proxy and the firewall is turned off -

Messenger Troubleshooter says:

We can't sign you in to Yahoo! Messenger.
There might be a problem with your Internet connection. Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet. Click Troubleshoot to begin a series of tests to try to diagnose the connection problem,

when i do this it runs a series of checks and jumps back to the message above without throwing an error or warning.

it used to work fine until a few days ago .

I use version 10.0.0.1102-us (cannot upgrade to 11.x since i need the local archive for off-line use.

i did not find anything in the logs but have a fresh set of it available - let me know which would be of interest here.

Thanks a lot - bjoern

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:25 AM

Yahoo is evidently having problems with Messenger. We are an Internet Service Provider and started receiving calls from customers yesterday asking if we made any changes preventing them from signing into Messenger. ... We have investigated the problem and found that other ISP's are having customers with the same issue.

We noted that if the user intentionally inserts the wrong password, a message appears that either the password or username is wrong. Therefore, Messenger IS making it through the intitial authentication process. It makes no difference which version of Messenger is being used. We downloaded the current version 11.5.0.228-us and are experiencing the same problem. ... Therefore, uninstalling and reinstalling Messenger is NOT going to solve the problem.

Repeated attempts at signing in sometimes works. By "repeatedly" we mean many tries. It took us over 10 attemps but were finally signed in. However, there also appears to be an address book issue as well resulting in an error code of -100.

These issues, at least for us, started sometime yesterday. It would seem that, by now, Yahoo would be aware of the problem and post something here.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply