This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does this attractive guy constantly complain about being single?
04-28-2014, 04:21 AM
Why does this attractive guy constantly complain about being single?
I've joined this group in grad school, and it includes this guy who isn't exactly conventionally attractive, but I happen to think he's attractive. I tend to go for guys who have something slightly different about them. But there's no doubt that he's definitely attractive. He has a nice body too. He is outgoing but one time our group went to this activity where we learned how to do this dance. He said he wanted to try to ask a girl to dance (a girl not in our group) and he said he is very shy about that, and it had to be somebody who was worse at the dance than he was.

Another thing about him is that he's always "joking" about wanting a girlfriend or how he's single and "forever alone." I obviously don't know much about his life, but I've also never heard him talking about even TRYING to date anybody. He has also posted these jokes publicly on facebook poking fun at his singleness

I just don't get it. what's wrong with him?
and in case you're wondering, after he said all this, and how he was shy concerning girls, I have asked him to hang out with me, and he basically flaked out. Then he suggested me and him do stuff again, and he flaked out again. so don't say i didn't try. He's just not into ME. but i'm nevertheless curious as to why he constantly complains? he's not a bad looking guy and I KNOW of other girls who like him.
in paragraph #1, i'm saying he IS very attractive. He's just got something slightly unique about him, and he's not "conventionally" attractive, but he's without a doubt very handsome. He's just not a Ken doll, lol. he's got something different about his look. :-)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:24 AM

Maybe He wants The Perfect 10 girl! Get To Know Him, Be Flirty, NOT TOO FLIRTY THOE! Then He&#x27;ll See your True Side and He&#x27;ll like you Smile

Ads

04-28-2014, 04:33 AM

Going to be honest when I&#x27;m saying this, not just the typical saying. It&#x27;s not you, it&#x27;s him. To me, it sounds like he has some major social anxiety, and I can tell because I have it too. The Internet is a great way to make a person with social anxiety to feel for comfortable with people, so that&#x27;s why he sounds almost cocky with his joking on Facebook. He turned you down most likely because he was nervous about being around people. It&#x27;s nothing you did wrong. And yeah he may have friends, but it&#x27;s hard for a person with social anxiety to make new friends. They&#x27;re very introverted in their ways of thinking. I hope I helped or at lease made sense! Smile