This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is the internet in the uk more restricted and censored compared to 2005?
04-28-2014, 04:22 AM
is the internet in the uk more restricted and censored compared to 2005?
im not sure if im paranoid because of all the internet regulation stories ive heard ? i would like to still think the internet is a free domain as ever, unrestricted information etc.

there is times when im searching google images and there doesn't seem to be that many images anymore in relation to what im looking for ? - is that a sign of government censorship ?

or other times when im doing a google search and i cant find the same sites i could as in 2005, and also not that many results come back ?

can anyone explain to me why this happens while im on the internet ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:23 AM

Google started restriction some time back and yes still do it. Certain images ill be blocked as will certain results.

And several dozen sites in the UK are now blocked.

Ads

04-28-2014, 04:24 AM

A lot of sites from 2005 simply don't exist anymore, people remove and add images all the time, lots of subjects that are illegal have now been removed, I've had the internet since 1995, the dial-up days, when you needed an expensive desktop pc and modem, it was not policed at all then but now anyone can access the internet it has been cleaned up considerably..