This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"the page you requested was not found" problem with facebook?
04-28-2014, 04:38 AM
"the page you requested was not found" problem with facebook?
Okay, so the thing goes like this and it started this morning.

I try to use an application that requires facebook connection to use (like a sync facebook pictures, draw something, etc.)

When I load up the application that requests the facebook connection and the app loads up the facebook sign-in page for me to sign in through the app and connect to facebook it says "the page you requested was not found". I have tried this both on my Android device, as well as my iOS device nothing has solved this problem so far. I am unable to connect at all to facebook through the apps. I have not edited any privacy settings or nothing. It just doesn't work.

If you guys have any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Just remember this is from a Android/iOS device NOT from a computer with a browser like Firefox, Chrome, etc..
I have tried everything I could think of. Deleting the apps and reinstalling. Deactivating my facebook account and activating it again. Remove all the apps from my App Center list and TRY to turn off the Facebook Platform(which btw ISN'T LETTING ME), etc...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:46 AM

The issue is within the APP not Facebook. It looks like the APP developer has specified the redirect_uri parameter that is not there which s why you are getting 404 error.

Ads

04-28-2014, 04:50 AM

I am having the same problem. I don't agree with one of the answers given, stating that it's a developers issue. This is happening with multiple apps, Draw Something, Hanging with Friends, Ruzzle...pretty much anything that you are wanting to grant permission to Facebook login. I'm wondering if it's something within the phone's cache. I don't know, but it's pretty annoying! Can't play any of my regular games. Hope someone comes up with a solution soon.