This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How would I get my website online?
04-28-2014, 04:38 AM
How would I get my website online?
So essentially I'm a student and I made a simple website for one of my aunts. She knows nothing about computers and lives in the other end of the country. All I want to do is get the website online for her I suppose she will have to purchase a domain name and then a server but I don't know what company is good to use and considering she has no computing experience at all as in can barely use a mouse I'm a tad bit worried about her paying for something and then being unable to use it. Can anyone advise me on what to do?
If she were to purchase a server from a company I assume she will be given the appropriate details which can then be passed onto me and then I can upload it through the use of Filezilla. Is there anything wrong with this strategy? Can you recommend a decent company to use with phone support if possible (for her sake) thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:44 AM

it is good that you are considering her capabilities.

i recently built a great looking and functional 9 page WP site for a friends business that he wanted, got him a custom logo, cheap hosting, got the content up, set articles to drip feed, explained to him in easy to follow directions how to take care of it -- he will not do anything and he is losing the visitors he was getting

my point is -Does She Want it and will she take care of it OR is it only for her to say I HAVE A WEBSITE!

hosting in the uk try ukcheaphosts.com there is a good free host from DE

Ads

04-28-2014, 04:50 AM

To get your website online, you first have to purchase hosting, which is quite cheap. Then you will need a domain for it. I recommend HostGator for the hosting and 123-Reg for the domain registration.
04-28-2014, 04:51 AM

Read this web hosting guide for beginners- http://www.net4.in/aspx/article/web-hosting-guide.aspx
You can use online website builders for no fuss website making http://www.net4.in/net4app/aspx/hosting/...ilder.aspx