This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I get my money back?
04-28-2014, 04:45 AM
How can I get my money back?
I bought something from ebay the other and it was a fake so how can I get my money back.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2014, 04:52 AM

First of all, you didn't buy something from eBay, you bought it from a seller that uses eBay.

What do you mean by it was a fake? The item wasn't as described, or you never received it and the sale was fake?

If you got something that wasn't as it was described in the listing, then you contact eBay and file a case. If the seller doesn't agree to give you your money back, then you escalate the case to eBay. If the seller agrees to let you return it for a refund, make sure you get proof of delivery that the seller got it back.

Ads

04-28-2014, 04:56 AM

Unless the seller described it as something that it was not then you bought what the seller was selling and will have little redress. Caveat emptor....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor
04-28-2014, 05:00 AM

You cant if it was fake then the seller wont give you your money back. File a complaint with ebay and they will have the seller banned from selling items.
04-28-2014, 05:02 AM

You can't just up and decide something is fake and use that as an excuse to return an item. If you open a SNAD claim, eBay will require you to provide authentication that the item is fake from an expert before they decide in your favor.

So basically you don't get your money back.